HOW DO I GET MY FINANCES IN ORDER TO LIVE GENEROUSLY?
- There is a class for that, which runs as needed (times TBA)
- You will be directed there from Entry Point (if you’re new)
- During the worship gathering: fill out the Connection Card, you will be contacted
- One on One Coaching is offered as needed and will cover personal budgeting, debt-free living and follow up (accountability)
What are [OV]Church’s views about money?
God owns everything! Psalm 24:1, “The Earth is the Lord’s and everything in it, the world and all who live in it.”
Where does [OV]Church get its income?
God provides for us through tithes and offerings of members and attendees. We do not receive income from outside denominational entities. The income we receive comes in electronically and by cash and check.
What is the difference between a tithe and an offering?
A tithe is giving the first 10% of your gross income as defined by Malachi 3:10 and affirmed by Jesus in Matthew 22:21. An offering is anything given above and beyond the tithe.
How do I give to [OV]Church?
1. Sunday morning offering (cash, check)
2. Securely give on the [OV]Church App or on our website at ov.church/give (ACH, Debit or Credit Card accepted)
3. Bill Pay option from your bank
4. Text “GIVEOV” to 77977)
5. Mail your gift to the church office Ocean View Church
c/o Finance Department
9504 Selby Place
Norfolk, VA 23503
Does [OV]Church give to missions?
Internationally, [OV]Church has a partnership with Mission Coalition India (MCI). MCI is working to raise up leaders in India to preach the gospel. Locally, we support Coaster Coffee, a non-profit coffee shop started in 2016 to give back and serve our community. We also support Renaissance Movement Music, whose mission is to reach the urban areas of our city with the gospel through music.
We are a member of the Southern Baptist Convention, and as such, we support the Cooperative Program, which is the largest cooperative mission organization in the world.
Does [OV]Church send contribution notices to its tithers and givers?
Does [OV]Church offer financial coaching?
For more information on stewardship planning, email us at [email protected]
Does [OV]Church have a budget?
Yes. [OV]Church’s budget is set every fall for the following year based on the goals and objectives of each ministry area within the church.